Can a community adopts the CPA, it can’t change its mind and change or undo the surcharge?

Yes, any community can opt out of the CPA by a majority vote at a local ballot election after 5 years.  The CPA surcharge percentage and mix of exemptions can be changed at any time by changing the local bylaw.